Message: Undefined offset: 1
Line Number: 295
Born in Aichi, Japan, Nonaka Miyamoto trained at Kazue Itoo Ballet Studio in Japan and Joffrey Academy of Dance Conservatory. She joined Hong Kong Ballet in 2020 as a Corps de Ballet member.
With HKB, she has performed featured role of Lam Au Chun in Septime Webre’s Romeo + Juliet and danced in Nina Ananiashvili’s Don Quixote, Webre’s ALICE (in wonderland) and Ballet Classics for Children: Cinderella as well as George Balanchine’s Jewels. Miyamoto was a semi-finalist in the 2020 Prix de Lausanne and a finalist in the 2016 and 2017 Youth America Grand Prix, and she won first place in many Japanese ballet competitions.
1. Why do you dance?
Because I love dancing.
2. What does ballet mean to you?
To me ballet makes me feel happy and lets me be myself.
3. Why did you start dancing?
I started dancing, because my mother used to learn ballet. My mother put me in the class (and no, she didn’t force me), and I have come to like dancing.
4. What was the first ballet you ever performed?
The first ballet I danced in was La fille mal garden.
5. How do you unwind after a show?
I enjoy taking a nice, relaxing bath.
6. What is the place where you feel most yourself?
At home, my heart feels at ease.
7. What’s your favorite food?
My favorite food is cheese.
8. What would you be if you were not a dancer?
I can’t imagine anything else.
9. What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are listening to music.
10. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie is The Greatest Showman.
11. What is the coolest things about being a dancer?
I believe in being strict with myself and to keep on challenging myself.
12. Who is your favorite dancer who has inspired you?