Born in Hong Kong, China, Leung Sze Chai Cindy received several scholarships and graduated from The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts with honours with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance. She joined Hong Kong Ballet as an Apprentice in 2018 and became a Corps de Ballet member in 2022.
With HKB, Leung has danced in John Meehan's Swan Lake, Cynthia Harvey’s The Sleeping Beauty, Septime Webre and Charla Genn’s Giselle, Terence Kohler’s The Nutcracker, Nina Ananiashvili’s Don Quixote and Webre’s Cinderella, Romeo + Juliet, ALICE (in wonderland), The Great Gatsby and Ballet Classics for Children: Cinderella as well as George Balanchine’s Jewels. She received gold awards at the Open Dance Contest in Hong Kong in 2016 and 2017.
1. Why did you start dancing?
I had flat feet when I was young, and the doctor said that ballet would make it better.
2. If you could have one more talent, what would it be?
Swimming, because I don't know how. I sink when I swim.
3. What is your favourite food?
Bubble tea, chocolate, green tea
4. What would you be if you were not a dancer?
I would be a teacher or get an arts management degree.
5. What is your favourite movie/book?
Avengers 1-4, Captain America 1-3
6. What is the most interesting place you have ever visited or want to visit?
I would love to visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
7. What is the coolest thing about being a dancer?
Being flexible, because it’s easier to clean up and climb to places.
8. Who is your favorite dancer who has inspired you?