Born in Guangdong, China, Xu Shentian trained at Beijing Dance Academy on scholarship and performed in Hong Kong Ballet’s Giselle in 2018. Xu joined HKB in 2019 as a Corps de Ballet member.
With HKB, Xu has performed in John Meehan’s Swan Lake, Cynthia Harvey’s The Sleeping Beauty, Terence Kohler’s and Septime Webre’s The Nutcracker, Webre’s Cinderella, Nina Ananiashvili’s Don Quixote, Webre’s Romeo + Juliet, ALICE (in wonderland), Peter Pan and Ballet Classics for Children: Cinderella and George Balanchine’s Jewels.
1. Why did you start dancing?
My body was weak when I was young, and my mum wanted me to strengthen my body, so she took me to dance.
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What would you be if you were not a dancer?
A doctor. I think their occupation is very impressive.
4. What is your personal style?
Gothic─all black, smoky eyes, red lips
5. What are your hobbies?
Eating, drinking, clubbing
6. Where is the most interesting place you have ever visited or want to visit?
Mercedes Museum in Germany
7. If you can have a superpower, what would it be?
Invisibility to prank people
8. Who is your favourite dancer who has inspired you?
Vladimir Malakhov. He has long limbs and explosive power, and he moves elegantly.