Message: Undefined offset: 1
Line Number: 295
Born in Liaoning, China, Zhu Jiaying received her ballet training at Shanghai Theatre Company and Shenyang Conservatory of Music. She joined Hong Kong Ballet in 2019 as a Corps de Ballet member.
With HKB, Zhu has danced in John Meehan’s Swan Lake, Terence Kohler’s The Nutcracker, Nina Ananiashvili’s Don Quixote, Septime Webre’s ALICE (in wonderland), Peter Pan, Romeo + Juliet and Ballet Classics for Children: Cinderella as well as George Balanchine’s Jewels.
1. What does ballet mean to you?
Ballet is a part of my life, and I cannot live without it.
2. What was the first ballet you ever performed?
The Sleeping Beauty variation
3. What is the most challenging ballet you have danced, and what made it so challenging?
Esmeralda’s pas de deux, because I am rather tall, and there are a lot of rather difficult moves that are not easy to complete.
4. What is your favourite food?
5. What would you be if you were not a dancer?
If I weren’t a dancer, I would be in the military.
6. What are your hobbies?
7. If you can have a super power, what could it be?
To be able to turn back time.
8. Who is your favourite dancer who has inspired you?