Hong Kong Ballet is upgrading the effectiveness of the Technical Department to support the growth and development of the company.
We are seeking a new Deputy Stage Manager as the member of Technical Department who will work closely with the choreographers and the artistic team to ensure smooth running of rehearsals and performances of the company’s stage performances and other activities.
- Station at the Company’s rehearsal studios
- Directly report to the Stage Manager / Head of Technical and Stage Management
- Assist the Stage Manager / Head of Technical and Stage Management in the routine operation of stage management matters. These include the execution of the operation aspect of the daily rehearsals
- Conduct research for props, prepare and make simple props, take care of all props related to the productions
- Coordinate between the Artistic and the Technical Department on the technical aspect as they are always present at the rehearsal studios
- Assist the choreographers or his/her representative in the technical aspect, including arranging rehearsal tapes, props and furniture etc.
- Keep full record of rehearsal and prepare the Prompt Book
- Update the Prompt Book and cues sheets for repertoire purpose
- Call all cues of the show according to the requirements of the Choreographer, Set Designer, Lighting Designer and Sound Designers
- Act as Stage Manager for the Company’s re-run production(s) and small-scale production(s) as assigned
- Responsible for preparation and execution of Education performances, school tour, development activities, and the like as assigned
- Maintain Company’s production music, Audio/ Video Library
- Any other duties relating to the responsibilities of a Deputy Stage Manager as may arise from time to time.
- Relevant Diploma / Degree holder or above
- Minimum 2 years working relevant experience
- Excellent communication skill in spoken in English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Able to work under multi-tasks and pressure, and flexible working hours to accommodate production schedules
- Knowledge on ballet and dance is preferable
- Willing to work on non-official hours including overnight, and on public holidays
- Main work location in Hong Kong Cultural Centre, occasionally in other places in Hong Kong and overseas
(Deadline of Application: 14 May 2021)
Interested parties please send full resume with current salary, expected salary and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to G/F, 60 Blue Pool Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
You may assume your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.
Data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only.