Hong Kong Ballet is upgrading the effectiveness of the Technical Department to support the growth and development of the company.
We are seeking for candidates who will lead the Technical and Stage Management Department to present world-class ballet productions in Hong Kong and on tour internationally. The candidate will lead the team to deliver Hong Kong Ballet’s productions to the highest standard and will work closely with the Artistic Director, the artistic and production team to ensure the smooth operations throughout the creative and production process of stage performances and other activities of the company.
- Overall supervision and management of the Technical Department
- Supervise the Company’s productions and production budget
- Responsible for liaison with all departments to ensure that everything will be ready on times
- Attend pre-production budget meetings with Artistic Director, Executive Director, Program staff and other related personnel
- Arrange design meetings with designers, Artistic Director and other technical staff
- Chair production meetings and progress meetings
- Oversee all matters related to set and properties making
- Oversee all technical matters related to the music and live accompaniment of productions
- Develop budget account to Executive Director and ensure that the budget is under control
- Develop production schedule
- In charge of all technical matters before and while touring
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Artistic Director and/or Executive Director or their delegate(s) from time to time
- Professionally-orientated training in production, with 10 years’ relevant working experience, of which 5 years’ experience in a supervisory level
- Solid knowledge on theatre production
- Excellent communication skill in spoken in English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Able to work under multi-tasks and pressure, and flexible working hours to accommodate production schedules
- Willing to work on non-official hours including overnight, and on public holidays
- Knowledge on ballet and dance is preferable
- Main work location in Hong Kong Cultural Centre, occasionally in other places in Hong Kong and overseas
(Deadline of Application: 14 May 2021)
Interested parties please send full resume with current salary, expected salary and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to G/F, 60 Blue Pool Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
You may assume your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.
Data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only.