An exciting opportunity has arisen for a physiotherapist to work with Hong Kong Ballet (HKB) and PhysioCentral. This job would suit a dedicated physiotherapist wishing to gain experience working in a high-performance environment as well as working with an internationally trained multi-disciplinary team in a private clinic setting.
Summary of role
The position consists of 2 part-time roles:
- Working with HKB – to support the performance enhancement goals and promote health and wellbeing of the dancers through a range of services, programs and initiatives. The location of the role may vary depending on scheduling and studio availability.
- Working with PhysioCentral – to provide effective and quality physiotherapy service in a private clinic setting in Central.
- Mentoring and continuing education will be provided by PhysioCentral both in a clinical and high-performance environment.
- Responsible to: Senior Physiotherapist/Artistic Director.
- Undergraduate degree in Physiotherapy or above.
- Physiotherapist registration with The Physiotherapists Board of Hong Kong.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Two years of experience working as a physiotherapist is preferred.
- Fluent in verbal and written English. Mandarin is an advantage.
- Assess injuries and provide appropriate treatment and rehabilitation using a contemporary evidence-based approach with both high-performance athletes and general population.
- Provide health care service provision on tour with HKB.
- Participate in screening of all new and post-injury dancers and advise Senior Physiotherapist and Artistic Team of any concerns regarding ability of dancers to perform.
- Recommend to the Senior Physiotherapist/Company Manager referrals for investigations and/or to other health professionals.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Weekly communication with Senior Physiotherapist, Company Manager and Artistic Team regarding injured dancer’s progress.
- Keep clear records and notes in accordance with the Hong Kong Physiotherapists Board and Data Protection guidelines.
- Complete injury evaluation documentation as per injury audit.
- If required, pack equipment required for tours.
Health & Safety
- Follow guidance given by Senior Physiotherapist and Artistic Director regarding appropriate responsibilities under Health & Safety regulations.
- Report any Health & Safety concerns to the Senior Physiotherapist.
- Provide first aid for HKB company members in Hong Kong and on tour.
- Assist in implementing and delivering health and wellbeing programs.
- Maintain continuing education to stay up to date with physiotherapy skills.
- Assist in research initiatives as directed by the Senior Physiotherapist.
Interested parties please send full resume with current salary, expected salary and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to G/F, 60 Blue Pool Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong.