Hong Kong Ballet is upgrading the effectiveness of the Technical Department to support the growth and development of the company.
We are seeking a new Stage Manager who will provide practical and organizational support and directly report to the Head of Technical and Stage Management to ensure smooth running of rehearsals, stage performances, and other events and activities of the company.
- Directly report to the Head of Technical and Stage Management
- Deputize for the Head of Technical and Stage Management in his/her absence
- Assist in preparation of production schedules and budgets
- Liaise with Wardrobe and coordinate their work in production
- Ensure and coordinates all pre-production preparations in progress
- Ensure and coordinates with all departments to ensure smooth running during production
- Ensure proper scene changes and stage crew backup during production
- Cue the show as necessary
- Attend production, design and progress meeting
- Look after production matters in association with Head of Technical and Stage Management
- Look after Video and Sound Library
- Carry out other duties as assign by the Head of Technical and Stage Management or his/her delegate(s) from time to time
- Advance Diploma holder of HKAPA school of TEA with at least 5 years’ experience in stage management or Degree holder in relevant discipline with 3 years supervisory/management experience
- Experience in large scale theatrical productions
- Experience in working with professional performing company is an advantage
- Excellent in computer skills, Microsoft office and knowledge of AutoCAD an advantage
- Need to work on Sundays and Public Holidays as well as overnight when necessary
- Excellent communication skill in spoken in English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Able to work under multi-tasks and pressure, and flexible working hours to accommodate production schedules
- Willing to work on non-official hours including overnight, and on public holidays
- Knowledge on ballet and dance is preferable
- Main work location in Hong Kong Cultural Centre, occasionally in other places in Hong Kong and overseas
(Deadline of Application: 14 May 2021)
Interested parties please send full resume with current salary, expected salary and availability to email@example.com or by post to G/F, 60 Blue Pool Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
You may assume your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.
Data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only.