Message: Undefined offset: 1
Line Number: 295
Born in Hong Kong, China, Yuen Ao Xin Hennes received numerous scholarships and graduated from The Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts with honours. She joined Hong Kong Ballet as an Apprentice in 2019.
Yuen has danced with HKB in Terence Kohler’s The Nutcracker, Rudi van Dantzig’s Romeo and Juliet, Nina Ananiashvili’s Don Quixote, Anna-Marie Holmes’ Le Corsaire, Septime Webre’s ALICE (in wonderland), Peter Pan, Romeo + Juliet and Ballet Classics for Children: Cinderella and George Balanchine’s Jewels. She received two gold awards at the 44th and 45th Open Dance Contest in Hong Kong and a bronze award at the Star of Canaan Dance International Ballet Competition 2016.
1. What was the first ballet you ever performed?
2. What is the attribute you most like about yourself?
I’m super organised!
3. What keeps you motivated on tough days?
It’s a blessing that you can do what you love.
4. What is your favourite food?
5. What would you be if you were not a dancer?
I’ve always wanted to be a stage manager or arts administrator.
6. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
To be invisible.
7. Who is your favorite dancer who has inspired you?
Marianela Nuñez! I mean…who doesn’t love Marianela?